I am 7 wks pregnant and food (anything) never sounds good, it makes me feel sick. Is that normal?

And since a lot of times food never sounds good, I sometimes go to class or work without eating, but then after a little while, it feels like I swallowed a rock, and I have this hollow feeling in my belly. I know it's from not eating, but sometimes I make myself eat and then feel sick.

southernbell245

Asked by southernbell245 at 3:13 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Try crackers and peanut butter. And yeah, totally normal. Welcome to the first trimester.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• yes, totally normal! hopefully it will pass once you get through the first trimester. The best thing to do it to never let yourself get hungry. Eat small snack type meals throughout the day. First thing when you wake up in the morning, before you even get out of bed, eat some saltines or something quick, small, easy you can keep on your nightstand. Sip a small amount of room temp water. Wait a few minutes, then get out of bed. After that, try to eat a little something every 1-2 hours throughout the day. Make sure it's ALL HEALTHY FOOD. Fruits, veggies, nuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 3:17 PM on May. 12, 2011

• something that I heard a few months ago . . . in the first trimester your baby is growing so fast that if it continued to grow at that rate throughout your pregnancy, the baby would be born as big as the SUN! Just to give you an idea about how much energy is going into making your little peanut. Baby is getting everything it needs from you, but you are the one getting shortchanged unless you keep up your nourishment, so don't slack on the healthy food and good eating habits.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 3:19 PM on May. 12, 2011

• yep it is normal i had it in my first pregnancy and i this one i will be 11wks friday and i feel like that al the time. but you neeed to eat at least for the baby.
    try fruit i love grapes so i eat them so much and if i am not in the mmood for thm i make myself eat it bc it is good for me. n apples and lots of vegggies
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 3:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• That is normal. I had "morning" sickness (witch was really morning, noon, afternoon, evening, and all night sickness >:/ ) for four months. I had to get medicine for it because I was vomiting so much I started to throw up blood. I never wanted to eat, ever. Everything, even something I really wanted to eat, made me ill. Even smells made me throw up.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 3:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• In a couple of my pregnancies I could only eat watermelon,green beans and refried beans..I couldn't eat meat or chicken..Find something you can eat and stock up...Corn was another one...CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK!!!
    lil_mama06

Answer by lil_mama06 at 3:36 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I went through this a little bit as well. I made myself eat a little something though because I knew I needed it. Just try to eat light things, crackers, fruit? Good luck and I hope you enter the second trimester soon! :)
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 4:35 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Im 7 weeks too and I think it sounds good until I get it ready and start eating. Ive been making myself eat because I wanna make sure im eating enough, but I get really nauseous after eating.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 11:49 PM on May. 12, 2011