Why is this?

I'm just curious...why when anyone has the smallest complaint about their DH/SO...even if it is said in a joking manner...someone is going to say "well then you shouldnt have married him..." I don't get why this is the automatic response...so your telling me that there is NOTHING about your spouse that bothers you? NOTHING???

I love the ground my husband walks on, but there are things about him that bother me...I love him enough to overlook them...so I'm never, ever supposed to speak about those things? Curious.

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:15 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think those are the same people who say they never fight with their SO. IMO, if you don't fight and nothing irritates you about the person, there's not much intimacy or sharing going on, or you were twins separated at birth! How boring!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 3:33 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Dont listen to them their just being ignorant......I love my husband to death but its alot of things I wish he didnt do
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 3:20 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Some people are just asses. And they want to make your relationship look worse than theirs. I love my husband to death and wouldn't trade him for anything, but yeah, I could trade a few of his irritating habits. lmao
    millermom07

Answer by millermom07 at 3:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Well, some people don't want to hear any more "whining" and believe "just deal". But we know that complaining has always existed, and it's a safety valve, and also when you complain, you often get suggestions. The problem is that, in reading CM, you can hear SO MANY complaints, it does seem overwhelming. So it makes sense that people are irritated, but let's face it, complaining about other people in our lives will not go away (and I say, should not)

I am all for sharing irritating things. It helps us see where we are, what we need to work on, hear that others have the same issues and if it is or is not a big deal... gets our heads together. The dangers I see are (1) the people who say "your husband is just a jerk". Maybe we'll believe them and give up too soon. All of us have bad points, but are not all jerks and (2) we forget to think/write about the good things they do (for those whose DHes do good at all- most do)
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i know i hate that
    when i ask a question or vent i do so (here on CM) to see what others think (if i have the right to be mad)
    if they say, "you shouldnt have married him" it doesn't help at all, so in your question maybe you could make it a yes or no question rather than leave it open ended. just a thought. or you could say "don't say..."
    how do they know if your husband acted like that before you got married. people change!!
    so instead of looking at the past these people need to look at the future and try to help us fix or cope with the problem!
    bump!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 7:42 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Those who make the negative comments and those who vote them up are irritating. I found this out when one of the first questions I posted, the first response was a remark towards my dh. That person posted anon, of course, and had a few vote ups. I had a real question and was hoping for help, not attitude. Some people like for others to think their lives are so much more perfect than the rest. They either have more problems and are trying to make themselves feel better or just want to be a *****. We only know what the question states, we never know the entire story and it is wrong to make so many negative assumptions. Thanks to those we are sincere and want to be helpful!!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 7:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• There are days when everything everybody does irritates me.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:47 PM on May. 12, 2011