How is your bedroom decorated to make it a kidfree...romantic..relaxing place for you and hubby to go to at night??

I want to redecorate our bedroom..OUT WITH THE 2 CRIBS and The Baby gliding chair and the dresser toppled with BABY TOYS!!! I want a bedroom that says ..ADULTS ONLY OASIS! lol

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:40 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Ours is a light green and i'm not sure how im going to accent it as im not moved in there yet but the walls are meant to match the bedset. but i'm guessing we will accent it with browns and creams
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i have cream and red on bed but i love my salt lamp .it gives the room a lovely warm glow and it is romatic.
    caroline565

Answer by caroline565 at 3:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• lol mine used to be like that it still is but with kids books & toys & diapers in there its hard to kep them out plus they watch movies in there to give us our own space when we need it or want to watch a movie etc. - GL with that! : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• *keep
    sarasmommy777

• We are in the process of doing the same. We painted it a color between mauve and tan, bought new drapes, lamps, a couple of pictures and a new side table. As soon as hubby gets done with this shut down he is putting up crown molding. I've been looking for a new bedroom set for months but haven't found what I want yet.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• This is so funny. I just kicked my son out of our room this month. I home school and our bedroom was full of school and boy toys. My hubby is out of country and I wanted to redecorate and suprise him so I decided to do Black and White and accent in Turquoise. It turned out so great that i took it futher into our bathroom so the whole room and bath is ours and is so nice. I even rest better and I only sent him bits and pieces not all details cant wait until he's back to see it as well.
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 4:30 PM on May. 12, 2011

• No, it IS kid-free but fairly cluttered with our stuff- partly BECAUSE it is kid-free, a lot of the stuff we are keeping from the 2 year old ends up in there, wherever we can stick it.

I don't have a clue how to decorate, and neither does he. And we don't want to spend money on it. I suspect we'll just have the dark brown furniture, and blue curtains/bedspread, and that will be it. Unless he lets me decorate it in medieval style, ie put our decorative swords and stuff up. That's not relaxing but does make us happy!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Hhhhmmmm, my room is a cream color with black furniture, white bedding and white window treatments. I have a 4 poster bed which I think is very romantic:)
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 6:21 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Our bedroom is currently the opposite of romantic. We currently rent so it is white with minimal window treatments and a cream and green spread and hardwood floors.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 7:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Mine is not really romantic
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 1:06 AM on May. 13, 2011