What do you do when your 11 year old stepdaughter decides she hates you because her mother tells her to? And also because I'm the easiest target!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• There really isn't much you can do. Thats what happens sometimes when you are a step mom. Just do your best to be nice and thats all you can do. GL!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:46 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Nothing you can do. My son whose 11 hated his step mom too. I got blamed for him hating her lol, but it had nothing to do with me. He just genuinely didnt like her. She is now history.

Answer by gemgem at 3:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• well i dont have a step daughter but i no i am a step daughter. and i hated mine to but now that im older i realize how much they have done for me so i wouldnt change it. One day they will to, just try and stay as positive as you can. good luck and god bless
    manda28

Answer by manda28 at 3:51 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would talk to dad about it...getting your feelings out about it may help how you act toward her..because it won't all be bottled up inside of you. Then maybe dad can talk to his daughter about it, ask her why she feels this way and such and maybe he can ask her if she would feel comfortable talking with you about it. If she does agree to talk to you, just talk to her...show that you care about her feelings and understand how hard it must be to accept a step mom. Its not going to be easy..but really..with your love and kindness, over time..hopefully things can change and a bond can grow between the two of you. Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I dunno, my step daughter...almost 9.. Can either make my day living hell, mothers day, or be my best friend.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:20 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would take kimberly's advice.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 7:57 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My stepkids are adorable! They are awesome kids ages 11 & 14. Stay kind, positive yet firm.
    lavenderrose5

Answer by lavenderrose5 at 1:10 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would talk to dad about it getting your feelings out about it may help how you act toward her because it won't all be bottled up inside of you. Then maybe dad can talk to his daughter about it, ask her why she feels this way and such and maybe he can ask her if she would feel comfortable talking with you about it. If she does agree to talk to you, just talk to her show that you care about her feelings and understand how hard it must be to accept a step mom. Its not going to be easy but really with your love and kindness, over time hopefully things can change and a bond can grow between the two of you. Good Luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:21 AM on May. 16, 2011