I already asked this and got 3 answers. I would really like some advice/opinions.

My BFF (childhood) was a guy. We did everything together. But that was it; just BFF's. Never kissed or anything. We were closer than close until I married & then we drifted apart. Recently we ran n2 each other. I have always had feelings 4 him that is hard 4 people to understand. I love him w/ all my heart but I was never in love w/ him & could never see myself w/ him EVER. I have never been attracted to him that way. I am happily married & love my DH, but the way I feel when I am around my BFF is different & I feel so happy, like a kid again. He makes me laugh, smile, etc. Nothing sexual at all, not feelings like that, just happy. I have always felt that way & will love him 4ever, just not in a bf/gf kind of way. Do you think I am "emotionally cheating" by feeling this way even though I am married? I would never cheat on my DH and I am not attracted to my BFF at all. I like how I feel is all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• No. I have had male best friends and thats all they are. You arent sexually attracted to him and he isnt taking the place of your SO in any way. He is just afriend who youve known a long time and have a different bond with.

Answer by gemgem at 6:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Nahh, that's perfectly fine. I have one guy friend that I've known since sixth grade, he's like my brother and that's all he'll ever be. My boyfriend is perfectly fine with it, the three of us have hung out more than once.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No..if your feelings are really just friendly but as worried as you are it sounds like you have more feelings. Don't lie to yourself
    Anonymous

• I'm only worried that my DH would take it the wrong way because he doesn't really understand the friendship we once had. I think if the tables were turned and it were my DH and another woman I would be seriously insecure that my DH would feel like that about another woman. That's why I ask.
    Anonymous

• No! You are fine. If it was a sexual "I want more than what we have in a sexual/relationship" manner then yes. But if it is just a friend that makes you smile and laugh it doesnt matter what the sex is. If your huband has issues with it just make sure you all hang out together so he knows nothing is going on.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If you have to keep it a secret from your husband, then you ought to re-examine your heart.
    Anonymous