• In the Spotlight:

Toysfor tots?

Has anyone called you to say that their warehouse is empty and be put on a waiting list? Just wondering this happened to one of my friends. I thought they get sponsored from lots of companies or something.

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 6:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Holidays

• As far as I know, the Toys for Tots in Milwaukee and Racine are starting to hand stuff out and are not running out. The Tex Reynolds Toys for Tots (Milwaukee) only accepts new toys and this year could potentially run low, but so far all is well. As for TFT in Racine, they accept new OR USED toys, and they have plenty to hand out.
    Not sure where you are located, but so far the ones in Wisconsin seem to be doing ok.
    Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My dh and I help run the program in our county. We do get some money from companies (like Toys R Us) but all that money goes into one big fund then is divided up among all of the counties in the country. So it's not really that much. The majority of the toys actually come from donations made locally, to those boxes you see everywhere. So it's definately possible for an area not to have enough to go around. We've thought we were going to run out of toys before. But if she's on the waiting list, hopefully they will get more donations in (we get a lot more the closer it gets to Xmas usually) and she'll be able to get something. I hope she does!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008