Why is it my Hubby can talk to whoever he wants, but....

when I am having a conversation he gets all jumpy?
I mean I was talking to the cable company over the phone and the guy mentioned how his wife and him were just adopting new dogs and I went into a conversation. It started because he asked if we had animals, which they always as when sending out a tech.
Nothing wrong with that, but my Hubby got really jealous. Asking in a threatened way, "who are you talking too?" Then he got so anxious I had to lie about having to go grocery shopping to get off the phone before he said something.
He will most likely end up saying it was his concern about our phone/cable service issues, but really he was calm until he heard me having a conversation.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 4:28 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like HE has trust issues himself and doesn't like his guilt eating at him.
    Anonymous

• I guess it would be that. But he has this thing about monogamy. His Mom always told him that a good guy stays with one woman at a time.
    But he just is so protective of me. Like if a woman were to give me a look he'd say something in my defense or put an arm around me.
    The thing is I am just a plain jane.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 4:33 PM on May. 12, 2011

• that s eems like a little too much, You didnt even see the guy he could be 60 years old for all you know. Anyways its not like you were flirting with him on the phone so he should get upsent. But maybe theres mor eto the story. You are adults and not teenagers, so if a grown up acts that way offten theres somthing esle wrong. Does he always gets like that and always has? Or is that just happening now?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:34 PM on May. 12, 2011

• As it now turns out he was having phone calls come from the contacts list in his email account. Someone was sending web pages through his account to everyone in his contacts list. So he was annoyed to begin with. Maybe I should ask whats wrong.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 5:18 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Sounds like someone is a tad bit possesive, better nip that in the bud while you still can
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 5:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i agree with the other post he seems to possesive and/or his guilt of something. Just be careful and talk to him about it. there must be trust to have a good relationship.
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 6:30 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't put up with that. He needs to realize you are a person too.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 8:05 PM on May. 12, 2011