If...

If you had $50. Would you give some money to a poor person on the side of the road?

LARRYSWiiFE

Asked by LARRYSWiiFE at 4:33 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• If I was driving by and had $50 in my wallet... it would depend.

I HAVE on many occasions bought food for people on the side of the road... but I have rarely given them cash.

Anonymous

• No I never give them cash. If they say will work for food I do offer them something to do.

Answer by gemgem at 4:36 PM on May. 12, 2011

• No. I don't give them cash, but I have on SEVERAL occasions gone into the store and bought them some food, or if I've just come out of the store and I see them I've reached into my bags and gave them something I've just bought
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• have have given them food and money as well. But there are a lot of crooks out there who will beg for some change and you see them always again and again. Point is most of them (not sat saying all!) chooses to life that way and dont wanna change anything about it. And they dont wanna get help. Why am I supposed to support their lifestyle if thats what they chooses?
    Anonymous

• I would hope I would give them something, but in the past I have not (everybody I knew used to say they used it for alcohol and not to give). Either some money, or I like to have oatmeal bars or some filling food in my car, and would give them that- a really cool person I knew in Spain carried oranges for that purpose, and the ones he didn't give away, he ate. Strangers (even ones who look like me, with kids) freak me out, and honestly, people with signs scare me more since I have no idea how they'd react- so I really have to work on that.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:42 PM on May. 12, 2011

• YES I WOULD I ALWAYS GIVE THEM SOMETHING BECAUSE THAT COULD BE ME WHO KNOWS AND I WOULD WANT HELP ALSO....
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 4:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't give cash. Food, shoes, a coat if it was cold, but never cash.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

• No.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 9:34 PM on May. 12, 2011