I cant get my 2y/o son to use the potty!

He says potty when I go. And he tells me when he needs changed. I can tell when hes going to poop, but he wont let me put him on the toilet! He is afraid of the real one, and he thinks his is a toy... help!????

khrystijensen

Asked by khrystijensen at 6:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hes not reaady then just be pateint. and if his potty is in where he can play with it move it so he cant. put it next to the big potty. try agan in a month or so sometimes it takes a while with boys.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• your child will use the potty when THEY he is ready.... the best thing to do is put HIS potty in the living room and let him sit on it as a toy at first. (clothes on and all). then slowly have him sit on it with his undies down.... dont rush him. that is the worst thing you can do. using the potty is a milestone so if he is not ready he is not ready.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• get him a seat that fits onto the big potty.. my son is 2 and just peed for the 1st time in his little potty, but tells me he has to poop and wants to sit on the big potty... let him pick out the seat! he will be proud of himself! HAHAH i cried when he peed in his potty!! like bawled!! hahaha
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 4:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009