The Other Woman

What do you think of women who get involved with a married man? Does it make a difference if he claims his marriage is technically "over", even though she knows he IS STILL married? What if the couple are living in separate houses because of say a job situation, but the intention of a divorce is not prominent until the other woman gets involved? Would you associate with a woman like this? I am not referring to women who are inadvertently involved with a married man.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• NO, women who get involved with married men arent the type of people id associate myself with. If theyre willing to be involved with a married man who says it "over" chances are theyd get involved with a man whose not over.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If this woman was a friend of mine you mean? I would do my best to get her to reevaluate her relationship with this guy, get her to see that if this was meant to be, she should back off until he actually gets his divorce otherwise this guy would be playing two women as fools. If his marriage is truly over, he should be filing for divorce. I would not turn my back on my friend because of her poor choice, I think she would need a shoulder once this guy moved on, which I think would be inevitable.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 7:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I, myself would never be involved with a married man ( separated or not from his wife), however, I did have a friend who got herself caught up in a situation simular to what you speak of. I just let her live her life and whenever she would ask my opinion on this matter or what I thought she should do, I told her exactly how I felt. But for some reason, she just couldn't leave this guy alone. Well finally after 8 years of her being the other woman he finally got a divorce from his wife. She thought that was great because now he could be committed to her, but he ended up meeting yet another woman and got engaged to this other woman and still wanted my friend to stay on the sideline. She has gone through a big depression stage because of this. I don't judge her at all , even though I told her not to be involved with him in the first place. I think that people just have to make their own mistakes and find out for themself.
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 7:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No No and No... women getting into a relationship with a married man regardless if it is working out at that time or not is wrong. I cant associate with people like this. They have no morals and respect for the wife. Just because it isnt working at that particular time doesnt mean it wont get better. Its like putting gas on the fire. Will only make things worse.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I tink its wrong and in the end will be a bad thing, not to mention the karma involved in breaking up a family. My ex was that way always telling the side women he would leave me and we were on the fritz and gonna divorce. Of course we werent! He just wanted some on the side. In fact he told his friends she was a loser, always buying concert tickets, paying for everything. He laughed about how desperate she was. When I found out about her I threw him out. he begged and begged to stay he didnt have anywhere to go he said. He ended up with her, she gotknocked up right away. Now he cheats on her. Karma.
    if you are hard up and need to be with a married man wait until the divorce ink is dry. Otherwise its asking for problems AND you might end up used.

Answer by gemgem at 7:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i am the othe woman and yes i would talk to some like me if it's over and he says it's over then it's over my husband and i have both cheated on each other once and we lived and where still together
    Anonymous

• I think other women are scum and give good women bad names. I don't give a shit if "the marriage is over". Any self respecting woman would wait it out until the divorce was final. It's different though if the woman doesn't know. But I don't see how they couldn't know.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree that if the woman doesn't know or has been told the divorce is final, it isn't her fault...and I don't really think she can be blamed for wrecking a marriage anyway because good men don't cheat. That said, what kind of a woman is willing to be put second and doesn't want a man of her own that loves her and doesn't engage in that kind of activity. The saying is true "if he cheats with you, he'll cheat on you".
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• no why would i want to bring a home wrecker near by house or anyone's house that is special to me. i'm not dumb.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• she still knows he is married no matter the circumstance doesn't mean he is telling the truth and the fact he did say is married send plenty of red signals that you can't trust him and she shouldn't play with fire. so i wouldn't accept or talk with a women like that. she should know better. married is off limits. i found a man was still married and he was in this situation but he wasn't divorce so that was the end of that. he was just starving for attention cause his wife dumped on him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008