Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Financial aid Documents ...please help

Financial Aid has asked for copies of separate bills from my husband and I since we dont stay in the same household, but he doesnt want to give his so what are my other options because we arent legally separated?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • Call your financial aid office and ask. You may wind up having to get a court order for a copy of his documents . . . either that or legally separate, so you can stop filing taxes as married.

    Why is your husband witholding those from you? It only hurts your chances at getting some help.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

  • More than likely, until you are legally separated, they won't take into account that you are living apart (since the income for the family is still the same).

    Answer by laird6372 at 2:51 AM on May. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.