She is peeing on herself

my daughter will be 4 may 31..... well i have 3 children she is my oldest then i have a 2yr boy and a 6mt old boy and she has been potting on herself latley she know when she has to go so i thought it was maybe a blader infection or UTI but the doc said the test was negitive so im not understanding why she is doing this has anyone went through this befor? and how did you deal with it? thank you for your help!!

Mommmy_To_3

Asked by Mommmy_To_3 at 4:58 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Almost every kid regresses at some point. It's ok. Just keep her in underwear and take her to the potty every fifteen minutes. After you do this a few times, she will get WAY tired of it and get back on track.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:01 PM on May. 12, 2011

• its pretty normal for that age.
    But if it continues to concern you, monitor how much she is drinking and how hungry she is. Have you had her checked for childhood diabetes? I know we don't want to hear that but it is a number 1 red flag for us pediatric nurses.'
    another think are u preg again??
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 5:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• no i had my tubes tied after my 2nd son 6 mts ago
    Mommmy_To_3

Comment by Mommmy_To_3 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

• This little girl needs lots of cuddles and reassurance from you. Something has frightened her but she is unable to process it. It might have been a show on TV or a story or a tale from another child or a news report. Her little brain can not handle it and so she has regressed alarmingly. The same event could have cause nail biting, bad dreams, vomiting, or any number of other reactions. At least wetting is solvable. She needs lots of love and reassurance. Be careful who she plays with for a few weeks. Just go through the toilet training process again but slowly. Buy her a doll that wets and use that to show her how to cuddle and love the doll every time it goes to the toilet.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:34 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Perhaps she is jealous of younger brothers if they are getting a lot of attention. She may feel left out and goes on herself for attention. Make sure she gets enough one on one time with mommy and daddy and maybe try to get her involved in caring for baby brother. It's amazing how much "hand me a diaper" and "play peek-a-boo with him" can do to cure a case of the green eyed monster.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:22 PM on May. 12, 2011