W/ the economy, I think we should start a new trend? What do you think about this?

I say we postpone Christmas. Do all your shopping the day after and celebrate Christmas on New Years!!! Save a hell of a lot of $$$$ that way!!!

goinginsane1

Asked by goinginsane1 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Holidays

• How about we push it till right after income taxes! Most get a child tax credit and some money!
    Anonymous

• How about we just remember what Christmas is about and not worry so much about buying stuff?

Answer by gemgem at 7:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree with gemgem but on the "just for fun" side of it I think the day after christmas is the best time to shop lol so new years would make a good christmas day.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If you did that you could actually focus on the real meaning of Christmas. Christmas is very commercial anymore. My sister has a birthday in January and for the same amount of money, she gets twice as much for her birthday.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• In a perfect world we could celebrate the holiday not the materialism, cmon now I thought you knew that. never happen.
    Anonymous

• This year I have NO money, and am still going to give gifts. I'll bake cookies, make crafts, etc. Their are many ways to save money and it's more meaningful than a new dish set.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008