Counciling or not

preparing for marriage should you be worried if your intended doesnt want to go? should you still go?

cakes258

Asked by cakes258 at 5:13 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know. I know my LP thinks it is all hocus pocus and wouldn't find any value in counseling even if we did go...and since we don't have any real problems and he is always willing to talk when a conflict arises, it wouldn't worry me if he didn't want to go.

If there are issues that need to be worked out, and he is unwilling to go or try to resolve it at home, then yes, it would concern me.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• When I got married it was a requirement to do so in the church (Catholic). It was an amazing experience where we learned alot about the things we would be facing. Helped us to talk about things like fiances, children, chores, where to live, and many other valuable things. If you already have good communication in your relationship/have dealt with these issues, maybe you don't need it. But IMO it can't hurt.
    Why doesn't he want to go? Does he have a valid reason or is it just cuz he doesn't want to? Better to know what you're dealing with before you walk down the isle than to find out later.....
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 5:50 PM on May. 12, 2011