Moving in

should you live with someone before marrying them? why or why not?

cakes258

Asked by cakes258 at 5:15 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• its against my religion.. That being said I think it is a GREAT idea to experience living together BEFORE marriage. Somtimes it just DOESNT work out...

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I think so. I don't want surprises once I marry

Answer by admckenzie at 5:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• yes i think so..i lived with my dh for yrs before we got married just to make sure we could get along and things were going to work out..it really lets you see that person in all aspects..it gives you a chance to see lifes ups and downs..we have been together for 9yrs married for 6
    Anonymous

• I lived with my husband before we got married. I think it's up to each couple. No one should be able to say what someone else says. Even a church!

And I am christian,
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 5:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• With a divorce rate at 50% I have told my kids I'd prefer they do it. My son and his gf are living together now because her crazy father kicked her out but I think it would have happened anyway. He is shopping for rings.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:40 PM on May. 12, 2011

• YES, oh gawd please do! There is a huge differance in playing house and being married that most couples miss. There are little things he does that drive you crazy over time and will wreck your marriage. His video games until 3am, chatroom issues, star wars collection obsession, porn obsession, peeing and not flushing, never doing the dishes, laundry left all over the place. no thanks!

Prince Charming has a one year living together test to pass before I become Mrs Charming!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:40 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree with PP. It's against my religion as well, but honestly, how do you know you can get along? We've both been married before and have children with other people, so that makes it even more important that we know what we're getting into.
    AFairyTaleGirl

Answer by AFairyTaleGirl at 5:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Considering I've been in a relationship for 14 years and never married, yes LOL. On one hand, if you are married when you first move in together, you are stuck with each other and are forced to deal with each other...it isn't a "trial run" and I know that they say that living with multiple people before marriage contributes to lack of permanency a lot of people feel in their relationships, leading them to never marry or divorce. On the other hand, do you really want to not know how obnoxious your spouse is until you're forced to stay with them under legal obligation?

I don't know the right answer.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:56 PM on May. 12, 2011