So, why is getting this haircut/style so difficult?

It seems rather simplistic ... I've brought these pictures in to show my stylist exactly what I want yet I walk out looking not even remotely close to this!  I have a fabulous head of hair, healthy with lots of body but can't get a decent cut/style to save my life!  HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Can you post a pic of what the stylist does? Whenever I would go in and ask for a specific style my old hair dresser (retired) would explain to me how it would "translate" on me because of my type of hair and face shape. Maybe you need to find a stylist who can explain this to you.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 5:21 PM on May. 12, 2011

• maybe its time for a new stylist? it never hurts to change up..i have curly hair and i wont let just anyone touch it...i have to know that person knows what they are doing
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• If your stylist can't figure out this look, time for a new stylist! This one is EASY!!!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 5:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I've changed stylists 6 times in the past 3 years ... I consulted with each 2 times before I ever let them come near me with a pair of scissors. I bring in pictures of me over the years w/various cuts and styles, pictures out of magazines, notes on what I've tried, notes on what I like and don't like and every last one assures me they understand exactly what I'm looking for and that they can give me what I want ... and they never do! Not even remotely close!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• WTH?! Maybe you're not describing it correctly, or maybe they think your hair won't work with this cut???
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 5:42 PM on May. 12, 2011

• The thing is I had a very similar version of this style about 6 years ago so I KNOW it will work. And as far as not describing it correctly, I'm showing them 6 different pictures of the style (I only posted 2 here) plus the pictures of me with the similar version from years back.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:45 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Would it be possible to show a picture of the cut they gave you? The cut may be right, you just have to style it that way. I have had girls ask for a certain cut and bring in magazine cut outs. I would tell them that I could give them the cut but they would have to style it the way the picture is if they wanted the look.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 6:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• if i were you, i'd find someone with similar hair to yours, and if possible, to the picture..and go to their person.
    its just a less-layered version of the Rachel. can you style it even remotely similar to the pic? but its 'off' by a length or layer somewhere? if so, style it as close as possible BEFORE you go into your next appt., and point out exactly where/what is missing from your hair to look like the pic.
    also, you think its not a hard cut?? hahahaha..i've heard that before, from clients and stylists alike. i've seen people screw up a bob so bad you'd think they were blindfolded when they cut it.
    can you not go back to the person who cut it 6yrs ago? what has changed with your hair since then?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have the same problem I just got mine colored and it's nothing like what I ask for!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It takes my girl about 15 minutes to get my hair like that, and she's carrying on a conversation the whole time! Of course, she IS really good, but I assumed for 15 minutes of work, it can't be too bad!!! And that's a VERY popular style, so they should ALL know how to do it. The fact that several stylists in your area can't get it right... I don't know. Maybe there's something in the fumes they're sniffing... LOL Hopefully you'll find the right one. dullscissors had a good idea about finding someone with that cut and going to their person...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:50 AM on May. 13, 2011