How would you take it if your SO/DH said this? adult content

"Do you have sex with me because you feel obligated?"

We were on the phone while he was driving home, and I made a comment about wanting to "do it and go to bed"...because that is seriously what I wanted to happen with my evening. After I said that, he asked me if I really wanted to or if it was because I felt obligated. He kind of laughed it off saying "or don't I pressure you enough?"

I am 9 months pregnant, and I promise you that there would be no pressuring me to do anything I didn't want to do at this point LOL, but I don't want him thinking I am only sleeping with him because I feel like I "have to". I mean, we have been together for over a decade.

It kind of threw me!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:08 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't worry. DH thought I felt obligated a few times, and I didn't. I didn't really 'take it' any way I guess :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 6:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yeah my DH has said that but I guess its because we always do it when they want to. Lol
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 6:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• If I don't want sex (which rarely happens), I don't do it... All you can do is be honest with him and how you feel.... Congrats on the new LO!
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 6:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I think in the context of the conversation, that's totally normal to nonchalantly/jokingly say...I'd be more concerned if he brought it up randomly or after sex...but I wouldn't worry. And I've asked my SO that before lmao, b/c I always initiate it- he's not your typical man..
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 7:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• we are both honest with that topic. Both of us have our nights when we don't want sex. Right now, since we are trying to have baby #3 its been quite frequent.
    Wiccangirl24

Answer by Wiccangirl24 at 1:41 PM on May. 13, 2011