Chores?

DD is 6 (almost 7), what chores do you mama's give your kids?

SonyaNaomi

Asked by SonyaNaomi at 6:13 PM on May. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd have them pick up their toys, make their beds, and bring their laundry to the washer (but not wash it). My mom over chored me when I was little so I dont want to do that to my kids.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My oldest son is 9 and he washes his own clothes (drys, folds, puts away), picks up his room, feeds the dog, gives the cats and dog water, takes the dog outside to use the bathroom and cleans the bathroom. My youngest son is 6 and he helps with laundry by folding and putting his clothes away, he also feeds the cats, picks up his room and helps clean the bathroom.
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 10:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• my daughter has to take care of anthing that is hers. keep her room clean, laundry in the hamper, keep her bathroom clean, rinse her dishes after she eats, wipe the counter if she makes a mess, we also have a chore chart for her that helps and if she does everything she gets a new toy. she hasnt had them all checked off yet. she also has to take out all the bathroom trash cans.
    wifey000175554

Answer by wifey000175554 at 1:45 PM on May. 13, 2011

• None. My kids job is to go to school, get good grades, and play sports. I do not require them to do chores, but do require them to help me when I am doing housework. I do that so they can learn how to do the housework so in the future they can do it on their own.

Answer by gemgem at 2:11 PM on May. 13, 2011

• unload dishwasher, set and clear table, take out recycleables on garbage day, take dirty clothes downstairs if he wants them washed.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• dishwasher, small garbage cans, they love putting clothes in the dryer? i think it is weird but ok they do it
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:13 PM on May. 21, 2011