Anyone else out there having trouble balancing their love for their LO and their love for their DH?

First I want to make it clear that I do absolutely love my DH but lately I've been depressed about my mother who died 5 years ago. I know its been a long time since but its become harder for me since having my DS. I think maybe in a way to help compensate for my depression I've put it upon myself to be the most attentive and best mother I can possibly be. Which I don't see is a problem but in doing so I've put my husband on the back burner or so to speak. Basically I'm tying really hard now to not just be the best mother for my DS but also the best wife for my DH. And did I mention I also have two jobs? One full time and one part time, so my life is crazy, hectic, and sometimes lonely because my DH also works two jobs. If we had the option to work less believe me, we wouldn't be. But this is what we have to do to support our DS. I know there are a lot of ppl who are going to ridicule this post for not being financially set up before we had our first son but to say the least, even with birth control, there can still be some slip ups made and we love our DS and we do everything we can to give him what he wants and needs.

kpincince

Asked by kpincince at 6:15 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I think its normal. I love my dh but my kids come first and always will. Of course he came into the marriage and I had kids from a previous relationship and we also added another child. He knew coming in they ALWAYS came first and that was how life would be. He understands because we both know the time our kids are small is so short, before you know it they are gone and then you have plenty of time for each other.

Answer by gemgem at 6:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• no but stick in there it will be worth it in the end. I commend the two of you for doing all that it takes to provide for your family. good luck
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 8:35 PM on May. 12, 2011