What would you do...?

So my mom is very opinionated and she does not like the name we picked if we are having a girl... She keeps asking are you serious? lol I always say, "yes mom".

gibsongirl017

Asked by gibsongirl017 at 6:18 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Baby Names

• Ask her if she got to name you. When she says yes, say good, now it's my turn.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 7:08 PM on May. 12, 2011

• tell her she named you and now you get to name your child, if she doesnt like it she will just have to suck it up
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My mom did that with my first and I ended up picking another name. The funny part is when the same child became an adult and had her own baby she ended up naming her dd the name I had originally chosen for her lol. So my mom still had to live with it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i would ask her to stop its staying!....
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• lol that is funny my mom did that with my first and I changed his name too. It was tristen julious and i changed it to avery william....
    gibsongirl017

Comment by gibsongirl017 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would tell her that I appreciate her opinion but this is my child, not hers, and the decision for the name is left up to the baby's father and myself.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

• A mom has no input into your child's name, she doesn't like it tough!
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 6:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't change my mind, but what we've done with my MIL and the rest of DH's family (they don't like our girl name, due in the next few weeks) we've told them we're still thinking about names. For most people it should be harder not to like a name/to comment on their feelings about a name when it's attached to a beautiful new family member :)
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 8:09 PM on May. 12, 2011

• She will still love the child no matter what the name is. My MIL doesnt like the way we're spelling the middle name but its how we want it
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 10:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My mom disliked the name we had picked out for our daughter. I told her to come up with a list and turns out we switched to a name on hers lol. Im glad too because my daughter is an Eleonore and definitely not an Astrid
    TheSugarComa

Answer by TheSugarComa at 7:11 AM on May. 13, 2011