For all those people who have had an all boy boy at the age of 2...

I feel like my patients is growing, but it still is not enough. He has bumps on his head and bruises every where... I have resorted to putting make-up on his face before going out... uhhh I just feel like I have no control sometimes. He is the sweetest boy sometimes and then other I feel like pulling my hair out. Any advice?

gibsongirl017

Asked by gibsongirl017 at 6:22 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• umm my 1 1/2yr old daughter is like that, shes a dare devil!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:23 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My boys are 13, 10, 8, and 5....they ALWAYS have some mark on them from something and 0x out of 10 they have no idea how it even happened. I do hope that's the reason for the question, the part about patients then talking about bumps and bruises is a bit confusing. It kind of sounds like you're the cause of them. I'm not trying to be rude....just saying
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My son is 3 and gets them on his legs and thighs. He likes to scare me time to time doing front flips of the couch!! He thinks it is hilarious! They are testing they're boundaries that is all.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My boys are both marked up all of the time. It comes with the territory and the only way to stop it is to put him in a bubble lol. Don't worry about make-up any mom will know the truth :0)

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:33 PM on May. 12, 2011

• lol no I am just saying he tries my patients.... He likes to talk back and yell and through tantrums when he does not get his way. Like sometimes I feel like all I can do when he is throwing a fit is walk away. I always feel horrible when I do that. The bumps and bruises are from when he is "playing" lol if you know what I mean. He is always climbing something or jumping of of another...
    gibsongirl017

Comment by gibsongirl017 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My boy will be four soon, and he's been like that since he was in the womb! Come to find out he has a sensory disorder, so he's more clumsy and doesn't feel gravity the same way others do. But OT therapy has helped a ton. That being said, many boys w/o sensory problems are like that, just because they like it. Boys are boys, they're active and they climb and crash. You just have to teach them the appropriate times and places to release that need they have, and don't worry about the bruises. All boys have them.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 6:37 PM on May. 12, 2011

• my 2 year old boy a right hand full he runs everywhere and is hyper he allways got cuts and stuff from falling off stuff .
    i keep saying it gona get easer lol
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:39 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My youngest son and DD are that way. My oldest son has never been a wild man. I do my best to keep the younger 2 from doing too much bodily harm. DD rides her bike down hills with her eyes closed and regularly comes inside bleeding and proud. It does get easier but some days I swear I'm going to be completely gray by the end of the day.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• yeah I totally feel the same way... :)
    gibsongirl017

Comment by gibsongirl017 (original poster) at 6:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• and as for tantrums you should see the ones my boy dose

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:52 PM on May. 12, 2011