Forgive vengeful FMIL

My fiance's mom lives with us and when i first met her, she started out being nice to me then one day she just snapped. She called me a triflin b*tch and called the cops on me because she said I was disrespectful for cooking food when she had left overs still in the fridge. (When I first moved in, we both agreed she cooked what she wanted, I cooked what I wanted, no obligations, you buy your own food.) I walked away, she called the cops. This went on for about 4 months her calling me names, talking nasty about me to her family on the phone on speaker phone so I could hear their response. When my fiance told her we were getting married she laughed and said over her dead body. And then went so far and told my fiance she heard me on the phone that I was cheating on him and my baby was not his, and when 'it' is born she wants nothing to do with it, its not her grandchild. She even called the cops on me one time and told them I slashed her tires (?) while I'm 7 months pregnant. The cops did nothing and I called it quits with her after that. Now Im a month from having my son, she says and has absolutely nothing to do with me, but she thinks that just because she recently told my fiance she would buy the crib for the baby, that now everything is all cake and ice cream. No apology, no time apart, just force your way. I've already told him I dont want her around me or my son, he can have whatever relationship he choses with her. And when he brings up the crib, I'm already planning on refusing it. She bad mouthed me to everyone and tried to have me arrested on a lie, tried to break us up, you can't take those things back, it was flat out wrong she even treats my family like crap and they dont like her at all. How would you react?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't have anything to do with her but it shows why we should get to know our man's family before having children with them. Not bashing, just sayin'
    Anonymous

• umm I would kick her out. There is no reason for her to disrespect you in your own home and your df should stand up for you!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• oh and I would forgive her for your dfs sake but dont trust her, or respect her at all after that!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• People like this are toxic and you don't need them in your life. I would refuse anything she wants to buy (like the crib) and there would be no way I was living with her after the way she has treated you. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:35 PM on May. 12, 2011

• you're right I should have taken the time to get to know his family. My mistake *shrug*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:41 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Get her out of there. My mom is totally crazy, starting drama JUST like this... No contact is the way to go!
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 6:51 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Well, a lot of times, families don't show their true colors right away. My DH's family was lovely to me from the time I met them (we had been dating 3 months) till the time we got engaged at 1 year and a half. That is when they started being nasty to me so I understand that. I wouldn't let her be around my child either AND I would tell your fiance she needs to be out of the house by 1 week or you will be.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i knew him and his family for 2 1/2 years before we dated something just 'clicked' when we became serious i guess
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would worry about her don't you dare trust her and never let your guard down and I wouldn't even let her see my son!!!!! be very careful she sounds like a psycho bi_ _ h.

traren

Answer by traren at 7:05 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would forgive because it just shows you're the bigger person, but do NOT forget! keep this in the back of your mind! I've had the same problem with my boyfriends family, and it was after my daughter was born, which to me is terrible, you can see this beautiful baby and cut her out of your life too because you don't like me for whatever reason.
    Hope things work out for you.
    jojobeans7

Answer by jojobeans7 at 7:26 PM on May. 12, 2011