How Can I Get Two Pups to feed together with out fighting ??

We have two pups, one that we have had for about a month and a a half, she is a lil one, looks like she is a terrier mix, and our newest one, that we got a few days ago is a French Mastif, so she is quite bigger then our other pup, she snaps at the lil while they are eating, not out of the same bowl, seperate bowls, but she snaps soo much and starts to eat out of both bowls. Will we have to feed them seperate or is there a way to feed them together with out the Mastif dominating the lil one. I should add that the Mastif wil only do that at feeding time, other then that they play pretty well together. Any advice would be appreciated.

tat2dchickie

Asked by tat2dchickie at 7:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pets

• I have 3 dogs. One of them is like your mastiff at feed time. It's not about size, it's about dominance. You'll have to separate them. We feed all 3 in the kitchen, just not near each other. And as soon as one is done, they have to leave the room, giving the others time to finish without harassment. They also could not live without each other....they're so good together at any time besides feed time.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have three dogs and I do not feed them together.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 7:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i have 2 dogs and my younger one does the same thing. i put one bowl on one side of the kitchen and the other on the other so they cant be near each other
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I would separate them at feeding time. How old is your Bordeaux? Have you fully educated yourself on them?You need to join Bordeaux forms? Great ways to get good info from others who have your breed. They are wonderful dogs but can be VERY dominating to other pets, especially same sex. You should get into obedience as soon as pup is old enough and then get it spayed or neutered.

My friend's Bordeaux passed away over the summer from cancer. He was an awesome dog and so silly and lovable! They truly love their families!

Good Luck!

pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 8:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I recommend giving them Separate eating dishes and areas.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Do you kennel your dogs? If so you can feed them in their own kennels. I have 3 dogs, and we kennel them at night and when we are not home, they all get fed in their kennels.
    Anonymous