Family issues

My bf let his family stay with us and because they don't like me they treat him like crap. His mom got cable connected in all the rooms except our room(I have netflix and blockbuster but this seems to really bother him), even in rooms where there is no tv, and she has internet as well. We pay majority of the bills, shes only paid $200 and shes been here for 3 months. Him and I bought both sets of our furniture we had in our apts when we were living separate and put it in the house. When she got mad at him for not agreeing with her about me, she took all the furniture she'd given him (tv's, couch, his bed) and gave it away. We have to have a lock on our bedroom door because his brother steals (he lives here on and off) and he still breaks in our room. After all this they both still live here and she has the audacity to talk and walk around like she's done nothing wrong. I could care less about how they treat me, I just ignore her because I know she's childish, but thats her son and thats his brother. I'm moving out at the end of the month, because I'm tired of living like this, which is exactly what I told him, and I'm not interested in living with his mom because she refuses to move out, as if he ever asked her to. He knows its wrong but he doesn't want to face the truth. All he ever says to me is "what do you want me to do" Be a man and ask for some respect. I've told him he is scared of her, but he denies and says he respects her, but theres a big difference between the two when you're 26 and your mom is living with you. Do you think this is wrong his mother treats him that way because she disapproves of his relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• If he doesn't stand up for you then you should leave. It just sounds to me like she knows he will not go against her so she is taking advantage of that! Give him space and see if he decides to stand up for your relationship!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 6:46 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i think its a good think your going as no one should have to live like that
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• You've made the right decision to leave. He should leave with you and leave mom and brother in the other place together....
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:51 PM on May. 12, 2011

• RUN!!!!! RUN FAR FAR AWAY..........
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:03 PM on May. 12, 2011

• you should go ahead and leave and if he cant stand up for himself you two dont need to be together. you need a man as a partner not a child, his mother will continue to run all over him causing more problems if you all get more serious(married). good luck
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 8:14 PM on May. 12, 2011