I have a serious question.....What should I do?

I am new to where I live and the people here have really taken me and my family under their wings. I have been worried about how I would have a few things to give my kids for Christmas and within the past week, I have gotten 5 phone calls/e-mails from some of the people I have worked hard with to get established telling me that they have all purchased gifts for my kids as well as my SO and me. I have told them all that I am blessed to already be adopted and thanked them and they told me no, we are still giving these things to you. You and your family need them.....I know that there are others out there that need something more than we do, I just don't know what to do. They won't take no for an answer!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Holidays

• You could donate some of your old things in place of the gifts.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 11:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Just say Thank you and accept the gifts. That's all you need to say or do.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Accept the gifts, thank them. Give your kids a few things and give the rest of it to a charity.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• just say thank you and accept the gifts they wouldnt have done it if they didnt want to. its nice to see there are still nice people in the world sometimes i have to wounder. hope your christmas i wounderful.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I would take the gifts and thank them. Maybe put a "thank you" note in your town's newspaper. Best thing would be to remember and pay it forward the next time you find someone that needs something a little more than you.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My best advice to you would be to accept the gifts, it would be insulting to them if you don't. And trust me, they're not looking for anything in return. Just be a good friend and someday in the future you will be able to "pay it forward".
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 8:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• That is so nice! I agree. Accept the gifts to not offend them. But I would think about doing something nice for another person.
    Anonymous

• Just graciously accept and be thankful, then someday when you're able, do the same for someone else!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I know how you feel. Last year when my DH lost his job, and was out of work the entire month of Dec, we had lot of friends and family help us. And you start to feel like, with things coming from all sides, people might think you are trying to see how much you can get! But that is SO not the case! I can see that just by the question.. Accept the gifts and be sure to let each one know how grateful you are. My Aunt told me once, when we were first starting out and people were helping us (and I worried about this then too), that your turn WILL come and you will pay THESE people back by helping the NEXT person or people when you do have the money. Just never forget this kindness!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Pay it forward...accept graciously and one day it will be your turn to do the same for another family.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2008