Whats in pasta salad'?

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 6:51 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• The recipe I use :

4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
    2/3 cup white sugar
    2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1/4 cup grated carrot (optional)
    2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (optional)

Just depends on what you like. Here in Hawaii, "mac salad" is nothing but elbow macaroni and mayo. Have fun with it! Serve it chilled or room temp. I've had it many ways!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• pasta
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I use rotini noodles, italian dressing, onions, peppers - green, red and yellow, maybe some scallions too, or even olives. The trick is to let it sit in the fridge for a while.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 6:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I usually use tri-colored noodles, italian dressing, pepperoni, and black olives. Yum now I want some!!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 6:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Mine is made much like dharmagirl, I also add finely chopped black olives I use a 1/2 cup of Zesty Italian dressing mixed with one packet of dry ranch dressing mix, and a teaspoon of italian seasoning. Wisk that together and let it sit while you boil your rotini. Rinse it in cold water when done. Toss ewverything together and cover. Now put it in the fridge and don't touch it for 24 hours. You CAN eat it just chilled a few hours...but it is way better chilled overnight.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:05 PM on May. 12, 2011

• it depends what kind you like. for mine i use rotini noodles, italian dressing, cubes of mozzerella and diced pepperoni, topped with grated parmesan.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It depends. I make all sorts of pasta salads. One uses tri colored pasta, mayo, powdered mustard, dill weed, peas (frozen ones that I thawed), cut up fresh carrots, and Parmesan cheese.

One uses tri colored pasta, Italian dressing, black olives, cherry tomatoes cut in half (or roma tomatoes diced), peperoni and either mozzarella or jack cheese, cubed.

There's almost as many varieties to pasta salad as there are to a regular veggie salad - just have fun with it :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:14 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Oh, forgot to add, red onion in the second one I mentioned, if you're looking for one to play around with :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Oh I forgot mozzi cheese! I know I was forgetting something I put in it!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• whatever you want to put in it haha. the generic one my mom always made was Italian dressing, black olives, pepperonis, red onions, & Parmesan cheese. it was nasty haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:53 PM on May. 12, 2011