Hair still falling out!

ever since i was pregnant my hair has gotten really weak and breaks all the time. I cant brush my hair without strands coming out! I hate it and i'm 4 months pp.

lovemylife88

Asked by lovemylife88 at 7:02 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• it is due to stress and your hormone levels trying to even themselves back out. It will get better. In the meantime if you are that worried about it see if the doc will prescribe you some more pre-natals b/c they are chalk full of vitamins and instead of the brush if you can just kinda run your fingers thru your hair. I hope that this helps
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:04 PM on May. 12, 2011

• thanks. im still taking prenatals but my hair is too much of a mess to only run my fingers thru, lol.
    lovemylife88

Comment by lovemylife88 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on May. 12, 2011

• get a pick and comb your hair...I couldn't use a brush or a comb....but picks are good. Also talk to your doc about testing your thyroid..I know it sounds dumb....but all it is is a blood test...if they do a complete work up you are good for a year anyway. Also make sure you take your prenatals like the doc told you too, I lost most of my hair with my daughter, and lost more after I had the epidural. It does get better, but make sure you talk to your doc because it could be an easy fix. Good Luck hon.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes, I know what you mean. A baby takes a lot from you. That is why it is so important to take prenatal vitamins, and sometimes a low dose of a birth control right after the birth of your baby to balance out your hormones and to prevent or treat PMDD. Pre- Menstrual Disphoric Disorder. This helps stabilize your mood, too. Then get off of it after a Month or two and take Sam e or ST. John's wart. Mood enhancers reduce stress and is good for lowering your cortisol level which is a stress elevating hormone that causes hair loss mostly in women. If you are on birth control and you are losing your hair lower your dose. For your hair loss take MSN.
    Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM): a naturally occurring sulfur compound found in the body, as well as in various foods. Reviewing the website: www.msm.com, it states that MSM is found in milk, coffee, tea, vegetables, etc. It is sold as capsules, tablets, powders. Hope this helps.
    Avitar

Answer by Avitar at 8:01 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Mine is super brittle too. I have heard vitamin E oil and having more protein and olive oil in your diet is good for your hair and skin.

Between years of pregnancy and nursing on top of the weight loss that makes my hair fall out afterward, I can really say kids have been hell on my hair!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:44 PM on May. 12, 2011