Have your kids eye color changed when they are toddlers?

So I have 2 little blued eyed boys and I have started to noticing that my 3 year old's eyes are starting to get yellow and green around the middle while the outsides remain blue. So I am wondering is it possible for they're eyes to change after they are one years old?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 7:06 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it is going to change it will more than likely do so before one year BUT It can change all the way up to age 5.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:08 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I am not sure because both of my girls have had the same color eyes since birth (blue)
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:09 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My son's eyes changed from blue to green sometime between 18-24 months IIRC. My daughter is just over two and hers are still blue.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 7:09 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yeap, my daughters is. They were hazel for 18 months straight now they're going brown.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:12 PM on May. 12, 2011

• my eyes were dark brown until i was in the 4th grade then they turned an olive green and stayed that way.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 7:14 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Cute Taco Inspector :) Yes, I can see a slight change in his eyes. I'd have to say no, My child has the exact same color as when he was born and when was a toddler, he is now 7 years of age. I thought that there would be some differences with My eyes being brown and his Father's eyes being green, but nope, he's all me in the eye department.
    Avitar

Answer by Avitar at 7:17 PM on May. 12, 2011

• One of my sisters daughter has deep green eyes for 2 1/2 years then they changed to a light brown color
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:19 PM on May. 12, 2011

• The one year old thing is just general. Their eyes can change throughout their entire life. She was born with blue eyes. Around six months, they went to blue eyes with a yellow ring in the middle. It's very faint in this picture, but on larger versions you can see it clearly.

15 Months Old :

March 2011 :

Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Easter 2011 - Note the eyes are two different colors entirely :

However, when you generally look at her eyes in person, they typically look brown these days. It's nuts! They're ever-changing! =)

Razelda

• My oldest was born with blue eyes then they turned green, now they are greenish-Hazel but I think they will still turn to brown, he is 2. My youngest has had blue eyes since birth and he is 13 months so I think they will stay they are very blue. =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:27 PM on May. 12, 2011