Have you read your kids textbooks lately?

This is pretty shocking.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/bloodsucking-capitalists-shocking-excerpts-read-at-tucson-school-board-meeting-from-book-used-in-the-controversial-ethic-studies-curriculum-grades-3rd-12th-content-warring/

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:16 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• This is how the progressives, the communists, and the like plan on taking over this country. Through the children. Van Jones and Al Gore were taped giving speeches in which they told the students to no long obey their parents or the elders in their families. Ladies, you had better sit up and pay attention or you will suddenly (and expectingly) suffer the fate of other parents - being jailed because their children turned them in for sedition or unpatriotic activities. Yeah, yeah, the parents in Germany, Russia, Cambodia, N. Korea, nor China thought it would happen to them either.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:24 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I read everything and if I dont approve I raise hell.

Answer by gemgem at 7:39 PM on May. 12, 2011

• – collapse
    This is how the progressives, the communists, and the like plan on taking over this country. Through the children. Van Jones and Al Gore were taped giving speeches in which they told the students to no long obey their parents or the elders in their families. Ladies, you had better sit up and pay attention or you will suddenly (and expectingly) suffer the fate of other parents - being jailed because their children turned them in for sedition or unpatriotic activities. Yeah, yeah, the parents in Germany, Russia, Cambodia, N. Korea, nor China thought it would happen to them either.

Answer by jesse123456 12 minutes ago
    ------------------------------------
    Can you provide a LINK that proves that Al Gore or any others tell children to NOT obey their parents, elders??? That sounds goofy....and unbeliveable. Just curious.

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:40 PM on May. 12, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• http://www.mrc.org/bmi/articles/2009/Gore_to_Children_Question_Your_Parents_Climate_Beliefs_as_We_Questioned_Segregation.html

http://www.thehopeforamerica.com/play.php?id=311
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• OMG!!! but I really can't say I'm surprised.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 7:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My kids don't have textbooks yet, but I know I will disagree with some of what textbooks say, because I know something about the approvals process. I am almost looking forward to chatting about my kids about what is in the books, and my opinion on them, when they're old enough to start processing this stuff critically.

I love to read textbooks!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 7:51 PM on May. 12, 2011

• This is Al Gore saying to disobey your parents? Do you expect your children to go along with your political beliefs without questioning you? Ok then. Not me.
    "“But I’m thinking back a long way to when I was your age and the civil rights revolution was unfolding,” Gore said. “And we kids asked our parents and their generation, ‘Explain to me again why it’s OK for the law to officially discriminate against people because of their skin color?’ And parent’s try to tell their kids the right thing, you know? Usually, I do. And when our parent’s generation couldn’t answer that question, that’s when the law started to change.”
    From Carpy's link
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• And for the OP, I will always taljk to my children about the info they get. They will not be required to think how I think. They will be required to do critical thinking and always get to the source, and question the motives of that source.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:58 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Al Gore went on to tell these children that they should question their parents; because we are in a period of rapid change and parents have old assumptions that are obsolete. He said there is new knowledge out there and it’s more widely available to young people who are in school and aren’t weighed down by the old flawed theories of their parents.

Don't forget this part stacy.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:09 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Wow! Great motivation to keep homeschooling ..... and Anglos are STILL the racist ones?
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:10 PM on May. 12, 2011