I'm seriously considering calling the police on this woman who lives above me.

the woman moved in above us and she is without doubt the loudest person on the planet. she's a round little old lady who blares her music and tv. you can tell that she has surround sound and a heavy bass system. you can feel the bass and hear every word of the music or tv. we've knocked on her door and asked her nicely, we bang on the ceiling. she does not turn it the F*%& down. she walks hard too. i mean she's chubby but she's not huge and when she walks she stomps and you can feel it, it was not that way with the people who just moved out and they were overweight. it's such a nice apartment and i don't want to have to move but she makes me not want to live here and that;s not fair. i really want to call the police on her because that's not ok. she's disturbing us and hindering our 8 month old from napping because she's so loud.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• why not call management?? the police will tell you to do the same, first.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:33 PM on May. 12, 2011

• id do it! thats rediculous
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree. You talk to management or the owner you are renting from and see if they cant talk to her.

Answer by gemgem at 7:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Leave her a note, then promptly tell management what's going on. If it continues, THEN call police. If they get called out enough, she'll start getting tickets. Maybe then she'll think twice about being a horrible neighbor? lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Ask her again first. Then tell management. I'm not sure police will do anything because someone is walking in their own apartment, but good luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i agree with the others i think first call the management and the if nothing works call the cops cause that is not good your child need rest i dont think thats right at all
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 8:43 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I'd talk to management first.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 9:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree with calling management. It doesn't sound like she means to be obnoxious, but you can't enjoy your own apartment like that. Maybe there is a way they could find her a ground floor apartment and everyone could be happy.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would call the police or management.
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 1:03 AM on May. 13, 2011

• call the manager of the building and also file a police report for noise ordinance there are rules that people are supposed to follow when living in an apartment or duplex
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:10 AM on May. 13, 2011