Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I'm seriously considering calling the police on this woman who lives above me.

the woman moved in above us and she is without doubt the loudest person on the planet. she's a round little old lady who blares her music and tv. you can tell that she has surround sound and a heavy bass system. you can feel the bass and hear every word of the music or tv. we've knocked on her door and asked her nicely, we bang on the ceiling. she does not turn it the F*%& down. she walks hard too. i mean she's chubby but she's not huge and when she walks she stomps and you can feel it, it was not that way with the people who just moved out and they were overweight. it's such a nice apartment and i don't want to have to move but she makes me not want to live here and that;s not fair. i really want to call the police on her because that's not ok. she's disturbing us and hindering our 8 month old from napping because she's so loud.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

Answers (23)
  • why not call management?? the police will tell you to do the same, first.

    Answer by dullscissors at 7:33 PM on May. 12, 2011

  • id do it! thats rediculous

    Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

  • I agree. You talk to management or the owner you are renting from and see if they cant talk to her.

    Answer by gemgem at 7:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

  • Leave her a note, then promptly tell management what's going on. If it continues, THEN call police. If they get called out enough, she'll start getting tickets. Maybe then she'll think twice about being a horrible neighbor? lol

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

  • Ask her again first. Then tell management. I'm not sure police will do anything because someone is walking in their own apartment, but good luck.

    Answer by meooma at 7:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

  • i agree with the others i think first call the management and the if nothing works call the cops cause that is not good your child need rest i dont think thats right at all

    Answer by jack90 at 8:43 PM on May. 12, 2011

  • I'd talk to management first.

    Answer by KamiB79 at 9:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

  • I agree with calling management. It doesn't sound like she means to be obnoxious, but you can't enjoy your own apartment like that. Maybe there is a way they could find her a ground floor apartment and everyone could be happy.

    Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

  • I would call the police or management.

    Answer by heathermichelle at 1:03 AM on May. 13, 2011

  • call the manager of the building and also file a police report for noise ordinance there are rules that people are supposed to follow when living in an apartment or duplex

    Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:10 AM on May. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.