I accidentally told him he kisses like a 12yr old :/ adult content

Okay, so I forget the context of the whole conversation- my SO and I were joking in bed, and somehow kissing (as a topic) came up and I said "sometimes when I kiss you its like kissing a 12yr old". He immediately got serious, because he could tell it wasn't fully a joke, and I felt terrible and stupid for just blurting that out. I love my SO, but I'm much more of a passionate/intimate kisser, and he's on the reserved side- and thinks fully making out is for high school kids (even though we used to, and we're many yrs past high school). Its tough b/c its a major turn on for me, but sometimes I'm turned off b/c of how he kisses...so how can I let him know I'd like to be just a little more (or a lot more) passionate w/out making another dumb comment?? Thx and pls no bashing..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• i'd say you just have to show him.

i say the same thing about my dh..only, the way i assumed a 12 yo would kiss, he's all over my mouth, tongue and wet, and it just grosses me out. always has. he hardly ever just kisses me. its like he's gonna eat my mouth or something.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:46 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Teach him how you want to be kissed. Sex is all about pleasing each other so why would he be mad if you showed him what you want? After all he'll be the one to benefit from it! If your turned on, it's better for him. Right?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Ha yea, I mentioned something a long time ago- and that's when he said "making out is for high school kids", he kisses so lightly it drives me nuts- and if I try to up the intimacy w/ the kissing, he says I'm too "on it" urg, so frustrating...only when wasted (which is RARE) does he do it the way I like..but that's once every few mths :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree with Ilovemypaulie teach him its always a good thing kissing that is.
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 7:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My SO isn't a passionate kisser either......If you want to know, he hen pecks....drives me CRAZY!!!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 8:37 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Tell him what you told us...you are really sorry about how it came out but kissing him is such a turn one you want more!
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 8:45 PM on May. 12, 2011