did anyone ask you if you were babysitting?

i know my son doesnt look like me but it kinda weirded me out when a woman came up to me and asked me if i was babysitting. i was nice and said no he is my son. its that or they think i adopted him! my mom had the same problem with me shes mexican and my dad is african american. i am darker than my sisters but it doesnt mean that i wasnt her daughter. its genetics!

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 7:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I actually had the opposite happen. I was babysitting my friends daughter who had red hair (so do I) and a lady at the bank said, "Your daughter looks just like you!", I just smiled and said, "Thank you." You should have told the lady, "No, I'm not babysitting.....I stole him." :O)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I get alot of ... " Your son looks just like you" ... and then the look is priceless when I tell them that he is my grandson... LOL... I have actually had someone call me a liar ... go figure...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It bothers me a little bit when people pry with my family because of the legal issues. I'm a foster mom and sometimes our family is made up of different cultures. I legally cant (and would never want to) single out a child as a foster child so if I have a black foster child my Japanese SO and I (white) will get questions "oh, you adopted!" or "who does this one belong to?!" (or better yet I'll be asked if that is my girlfriend Chavaun's son/relative since she is practically the only black person in our town). It leaves me with little options...no, he's obviously not ours, no he's not adopted, no he's not Chavaun's could you leave us alone please!!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yeah i get the "your lil brother" or babysitting thing all the time. Im young but i look even younger and when i have my blue wig on it gets way out of control. Peopl can be mean at times. but i just say whatever..im lucky to have him.
    tripper1305

Answer by tripper1305 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My mom has a 4 year old daughter. She's 46. She gets asked all the time if she's her grandchild.

My daughters look nothing alike. One is brunette and tan like me and the other one is a red head and pale. I had a grocery clerk ask me one time if they had the same father. After my shock wore off I told her "Yes, and I'm also married to him".

People are nosy and rude.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 8:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• All the time! They think I'm the nanny lol. And when I go out with mom they always tell her what beautiful boys she has. Then there's my sis, when we all go out together they think my oldest and my niece are mine and that Bubba belongs to my sis.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• The first day I picked my son up from his daycare, they asked me if I was a friend of the family. My son is mixed, but still. Even if he were adopter, he is my son and that is all that matters. People are ridiculous sometimes.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 8:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My mom had me when she was 18, and I had my daughter when I turned 20. So she is a 38 year old gramma and when we go places together she always wants to push the stroller or carry the baby, EVERYBODY thinks that she must be my moms baby and my sister because I look really young.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2008