So I got to thinking this morning, would it be cheaper to mail some clothes to my travel destination for a weeklong trip, rather than paying for the airline baggage charge?

Good idea?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:48 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Travel

• First make sure your airline does charge. Southwest does not and I do not know about all others. My kids ship all the family's clothes when they travel with their kids.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I second what the previous poster says. Southwest lets you check 2 bags per ticket as well as allowing a carryon. If you're flying with just about anyone else, though, I'd be looking into shipping my clothes particularly if, like me, you can't pack light!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:12 PM on May. 13, 2011

• we love to ship our stuff ahead of time just make sure you call the hotel/resort your going to be staying in and make them awhere that your luggage is going to be arriving before you.....we had one mishap and the hotel sent out stuff back to us.....but other than that its eazy to get thur the airport and less time waiting to claim you baggage at the need of the trip.....ps we have always used UPS and never had any problems with them....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:09 AM on May. 15, 2011