Is it really contractions?

im 34 weeks and I was danceing last night. So I feel pain like when you get period. is like really contractions?

reem114

Asked by reem114 at 7:53 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Round ligaments pain
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It could be braxton hicks contractions which is normal but I too got that pain and my doctor said it was normal. Honestly, the pain feels 100 thousand times worse than any period pain you may have ever felt. It's sort of like a stomach ache when you are about to vomit with the flu but times ten. So to me this does not sound like major contractions that you need to worry about. If you are truly concerned..ask your doctor.
    AnC83

Answer by AnC83 at 8:36 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Thank you so much Anc83! You make me feel better.
    reem114

Comment by reem114 (original poster) at 9:31 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I had the same pains the other day. the on-call doctor tells me to go to the Hospital. I asked Why? she said you may be in Labor. It didnt make any since to me to go to the hospital if the pain and tightening didnt go away. It wasnt labor. I took a warm bath and laid down. in about an hour it went away.
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 10:56 PM on May. 14, 2011