Heart Attack?

Hubby has been under major stress at work and he just called telling me he thinks he's having a heart attack!! A bit more detail-he says with every breathe it feels like there are needles in his heart? He's only 24 but he smokes! I wish he would stop already! We'll call his doc on Monday BUT you ladies have always come to the rescue with last minute advice! I'm sure he's fine as he is a big baby but thanks!

momofana82

Asked by momofana82 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Health

• Tell him to go directly to the ER. One of my workers has had 2 heart attacks and he's only 21. He does not smoke. It was all stress related.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• GO TO THE ER! Why wait till Monday? Seriously......if he "thinks" he's having a heartattack then go seek medical help.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Um if he thinks he is having a heart attack he needs to see a doctor NOW not monday. Other than that important bit of information, it could just be a panic attack. I had one a couple months ago and my SO called 911 because you have the same symptoms as a heart attack. Either way, he needs to have it checked out!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• don't mess around with this, better to be safe than sorry. go to the er now!!!
    mrsPill

Answer by mrsPill at 7:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Go to the ER and get an EKG asap. If its nothing then great but if a heart attack he could have another one.

Answer by gemgem at 7:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• ER would prefer that he come and it not be a heart attack than that he not come and have one. So tell him to call 911 and get there.

Answer by Bmat at 7:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• If it's a heart attack, he needs to be soon immediately. But I do know that panic attacks can sometimes feel like heart attacks to someone who has never had either before! You guys should be prepared for either answer!! But don't wait until Monday!!!
    mamaoftwins9197

Answer by mamaoftwins9197 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My answer should say seen immediately, not soon.
    mamaoftwins9197

Answer by mamaoftwins9197 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• He needs to get to the ER asap! A few years ago my husband was under an insane amount of stress where he was working and his blood pressure was off the charts, he had chest pains like that constantly and the doctor told him he was borderlined killing himself!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2008