Are you a "truther?"

A Canadian who is an editor and columnist at the National Post, Mr. Kay decided to criss-cross America and meet Truthers of all stripes. He visits the fire-breathing libertarian talk show host Alex Jones, best known today as the man who taught Charlie Sheen to be wary of "Vatican assassins." He chats with "investigative journalist" Michael Ruppert, the man who claimed, in the early 1990s, that the CIA was selling crack in the inner cities to fund wars in Central America. Mr. Kay meets crunchier types too, like Ken Jenkins, a video editor who, with his psychedelic posters and lava lamps, "embodies the sixties soul of the 9/11 Truth Movement's older members." And Mr. Kay patiently listens to Richard Gage, a San Francisco-based architect who claims that explosives brought down the World Trade Center. Reporting without mockery, Mr. Kay has a knack for making even the silliest conspiracist sound sympathetic. Still, it is odd to read such fevered imaginings. One Truther, a freelance writer, claims that media organizations are working with the military-industrial complex to suppress what really happened on 9/11. The "Left media," too: The Nation magazine, he says, has "significant ties to the Central Intelligence Agency." Another Truther, a mathematician, believes that no one hijacked the 9/11 planes. According to his theory, as summarized by Mr. Kay, "the passengers of the four planes were killed using sarin gas, and the planes were flown into their targets by government-programmed computers."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703849204576303093865068646.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLESecondBucket

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:55 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Shouldn't we all be? Shouldn't we all demand the truth about every topic, bill, issue, and situation? Why is it that when people seek the truth they are demonized? When they aren't satisfied with the answers and continue to dig, they are conspiracy theorists? We should all demand the truth about everything.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:33 PM on May. 12, 2011

• As I have asked before, did you not see Bush parachute from the first plane as it hit the tower?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:01 PM on May. 12, 2011

Wow, I thought you meant he parachuted down to take out Osama. Or did he do both? Silly me, I keep getting confused!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:23 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Nope. I'm not a truther.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• well said, jesse123456...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Argee with Jesse123456!!!

"A fool is someone who believes a known liar"
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I still firmly believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy to discredit 911 operators by 411 operators who are disgruntled that they are slowly becoming obsolete.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 8:19 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I believe the truth is always best in every situation. I also believe the Truther moniker for conspiracy theorists is totally wacked.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:46 AM on May. 13, 2011

• LOL...what I love is how the thousands of people involved with the 9/11 conspiracy have managed to keep their mouths shut!!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:48 AM on May. 13, 2011

• I don't believe that 9/11 went down the way we've been told, but I'm also not entirely convinced that it was completely an inside job. I think the only truth (in this case) that can be known is that we've been lied to, but what the truth is exactly, IDK.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:02 PM on May. 12, 2011