Does your DH bring you down?

Every time he walks through the front door it's almost like he is looking for something to complain about or yell about. DD is 3 1/2 and it's usually her that suffers because she is... basically not 8 and doesn't do EVERYTHING that she is told to do, or she is into something she knows she's not suppose to be and it just drags this house hold down. I am sick of fighting and arguing! Yesterday we spent all evening basically avoiding him and everything was fine... When we came inside that was a different story, it just started all over again! I am so SICK of dealing with it! I just want to take my DD (his SD) and just go away until he gets an attitude adjustment. But, he needs the vehicle to drive to and from work (an hr. away and no one goes that way for him to hitch a ride from). He says he loves his job, but hates the drive and that's it. We are financially trying to make it, I have been working on my business for a while... and he's just bringing me down so I can't add enough to the income to make "all his problems go away".

Should i be feeling like this? Am I alone? If there anything I can do to make it better? Should I leave? I don't honestly know what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• no..in fact, he'd love it if i was throwing a party every night.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Tell him how u feel and that u need a break for a while.. If there is a place you and ur daughter can go and stay for awhile GO
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

• You avoid him. You need to leave him. You should make a life for yourself and your child, in a home that is comfortable and enjoyable to live in.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:24 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would work on getting an escape plan together so to speak.... Your daughter doesn't deserve to be treated the way she is being treated. Why put some man who can't appreciate your dd ahead of her happiness? Get out!!!
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:37 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I don't put it above her happiness. but, one on one (if i'm not home, or if they go out together and I stay home, or I sleep in a little bit) they do GREAT together! I don't understand!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I've never had this problem but I know a few that have. Tell him if he is so unhappy then leave. In order to have any type of peace in your relationship and your life peace has to start within yourself ( inner peace). Think about what the atmosphere is doing to your daughter.
    Maybe you both need a time out. Maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 10:45 AM on May. 13, 2011