Have you ever had an ultrasound be wrong?

We just found out at our ultrasound that we were having a little boy. But this is based off of the ultrasound. We are currently 18 weeks along. Was your ultrasound ever wrong?

MommaMajeski

Asked by MommaMajeski at 7:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• We never searched for the sex of the baby, but my ultrasound with my son told me he was going to be born December 7th. He came along on Januray 21st!!
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My stepsons...they said he was a girl.WELLLLL....he is definately a boy.That was back in 1990 but all of mine were coreect.They can usually tell by then!!!
    Anonymous

• I know of some people that have been wrong and they were all told they were having a girl and they all had boys...
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 7:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• my first one with my son was right and they say im hving a boy again im pretty sure its correct cuz even i could tell by looking at the u/s its a boy but my friend was told they were having a girl and when the baby was born it was a boy and this was only 3months ago so yes sometimes it happens but i think its based on how good of a u/s tech you have and if they truly know what they are talking about.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Normally if they say its a boy then its a boy. But this time they say its a girl and I'm not so sure.
    Anonymous

• My dh was told his son was a girl. He was born at 27 weeks and was a boy.

Answer by gemgem at 7:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• As far as I am concerned if they tell you it's a girl...unless you see a clear picture...it could be either. But if they say its a boy then it usually is since its a little hard to mistake clear penis shot. It looks like a little turtle.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 8:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

•  If they see a pickle then it's definitely a boy. If not ,it can be a girl or boy. (sometimes pickles hide) REALLY!!

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I was told the entire time that I was having a girl. Needless to say, at 41 weeks my son was born. I had a C-section and my doctor said "congradulations on your little boy." I figured I misunderstood due to the meds, so I asked him to verify. He is definitely a boy.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 8:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My OB told me it is best to have U/S after 20 weeks to see if it's a boy, something to do with deveolpment of the penis....my SIL was told a girl and it was a boy, I just knew with my first but my other two, the U/S was right, one boy, one girl....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2008