S/O on the transgendered question

While I appreciate all responses, I really want to hear from those who believe in God and heaven and hell.
If you are born one sex and have an operation to become the other sex, to me it's like saying that God made a mistake. On Judgement Day, when we have to stand before Him and give an account for ourselves, how do you think God will judge those that have done this?

popzaroo

Asked by popzaroo at 8:04 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• That a beautiful way to view it, purpleducky.

And in regards to the hormones, people take hormones for all kinds of reasons, not just to change genders. Are those circumstances any more or less wrong? I think the reason you're seeing these responses is because the crux of your POV is that transgender people are changing what god created and god doesn't make mistakes so they should leave their bodies alone. But people change their bodies in various ways all the time, from the minimal to the extreme. Why would changing genders be any different than changing hair color, plastic surgery etc. Either changing the body god gave you is wrong or it isn't, but you can't cherry pick one thing and say THIS change is bad but all the others are okay. Can you understand it better from that perspective?
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 10:14 AM on May. 13, 2011

• As a Christian, IMO, that's like saying trying to cure down syndrome, cerebral palsey, type one diabetes and other genetic diseases is saying God made a mistake. God didn't make the mistake, human genetics did. If you truly feel in your soul that you're meant to be the opposite sex than I believe you are correcting man's mistake.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:11 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Well I don't believe in heaven and hell but have heard from other transgender people who do. They believe it was God's plan for them to go through this situation. They learned a lot from it. They are not angry at God and do not think he made a mistake. It was just part of their journey.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Maybe god meant for them to take that journey all along.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Do you feel the same about reconstuctive surgery after breast removal- did God make a mistake in giving you cancer? How about fixing a birth defect like a cleft pallet or even circumcision? I believe our bodies to be merely a vessel and God cares about our souls- that is what is returned to Him-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I dont think he will care..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i haven't a clue..how would He judge someone who had breast augmentation, or any other cosmetic surgery? would He, at all?? i'd like to say He made a mistake by making my boobs too small and my butt too flat...just sayin...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• So anybody born with a disability that they correct will be judged for doing so? Is that what your saying?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:08 PM on May. 12, 2011

• What if you wear glasses? Aren't you correcting what god made?
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:09 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would recommend minding your own business and letting god and the person in question worry about it.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 8:19 PM on May. 12, 2011