Who pushed the self destruct button?

So a few months after finding out my dh had 2 one night stands during break ups before we got married, i feel like I'm on self destruct. I don't drink. At all. Ever. Last night i went and got a 6 pack sat outside and got hammered. When dh realized what I was dboing he came out to talk to me. I said really hateful and hurtful stuff. He apologized for everything and I said I was sorry too, sorry I ever fell in love with him. I feel like Im just trying to screw up my life and i can't seem to stop. Anyone ever go through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• You weren't married, you had broken up and you are angry because he slept with other women during those breakups? How has he been since you've been married? Any affairs? any cheating? any trust issues? Maybe he sowed all his wild oats BEFORE he married you.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:12 PM on May. 12, 2011

• sorry you feel that way. Hope you feel better soon. You life is precious and you shouldnt do that to yourself. You said he did that while you were broken up, so he didnt technically cheat on you.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• You got news you couldnt handle..you got drunk..you spouted out your feelings...he apologized...Now try to move on from it. Youre not going to screw up your life because you drank a 6 pack and you cried and said angry stuff...your feelings were hurt with this new knowledge. Your husband did things you never thought he had done before.Its understandable to be upset about that. But remind yourself..this was BEFORE you were married...if you BOTH want to move on and get past this..with a little work together..you will. Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I married him with the impression we had only ever been with each other. That's why I'm mad. And those break ups were little fights and only lasted a day or two.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• That was an example. I used to do drugs,quit before we had kids. My mind is going back there. I know I'm being stupid. I know I need to let go. Maybe I'm not ready too. I don't know how to forgive, I never have. It's a skill ive never acquired i guess. I get hurt,so I hurt back,that's what I've always done. I dont wanna do that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Meooma- for the past 6 years I guess all has been well. He is an ass sometimes, but he has been faithful. My parents screwed around on eachother, and didn't hide it from us, so I've always had trust issues.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 PM on May. 12, 2011