I was interviewed to become friends??

Met a woman at a friends celebration, her and I hit off and she took my number. We met for coffee today at Starbucks and while we were conversing she said sat she basically was giving me an interview. She said that she doesn't have associates and wanted to make sure that we could be friends. I was kind I thrown off by that, so I responded that I meet people and take it for what it is. I know that not everyone will become my best friend or associate or something in between. She said "no I don't do that, you either are my friend or your not" lol she was sweet about it but I thought it was a bit weird. I don't know what to think really haha

Opinions ladies??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• maybe she's been burned & just wants to know that she can trust you. I would say "well, i like you...so yes..i am you friend". It does seem odd, but everybody is odd in one way or another. She might be a great friend, i wouldn't just write her off because of that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I guess you are her friend, lol if you like her leave it at that.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• odd to me.. I don't think I could have a "Friend" like that.. haha.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 8:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• WOW! that's one of tthe Craziest things i've ever heard! LOL:) Sweet or Not.. i think i would back off from that kind of Friendship if it was me- that's a little over the top!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I've never interviewed a potential friend. I thinks that's strange.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree with daisy...that would strike me as weird and I don't think I would want a friend like that in my life...how do you know when the interveiw process is over and your actually friends??? I think this is super weird lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:30 PM on May. 12, 2011

• it is odd..
    But it takes care of the "so are we cool or arent we cool" part of friendships. cuz you know clearly ur in or out with her...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:40 PM on May. 12, 2011

• lol yeah its a little odd, I guess we all suss out new people we have just meet though to see if they are the kind of people we would like......mostly to ourselves though, I guess she is very open and upfront about doing it.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:51 PM on May. 12, 2011

• well i guess being a friend can be like a job too... lol that is a little silly and cute at the same time..
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 9:58 PM on May. 12, 2011