How do you feel about the immigrant issue?

any thoughts on the rise of hispanics in our country?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• popcorn  canofworms

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:46 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Legal? Fine

Illegal? Ship their asses back after some hard labor time.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• As long as they're coming over legally I don't mind. I live in California and my city is mostly Hispanic anyway. One thing that bugs me is that I go into a store and everything is in Spanish then English real small underneath. Not cool!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My thought's (and this comes from a woman who's married to a Mexican citizen) they need to go back to where they came from and go through the legal process to be able to live and work in the United States. We're going through it, doing it the right way, and there's NO reason why anyone else should get away with not having to do it. My husband is a professional, and that still doesn't make it any easier for us.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:50 PM on May. 12, 2011

• You make it sound like hispanics are the only immigrants here.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 8:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have no problem with those who come here LEGALLY. Although I do think they should have to learn english rather than having things also written in whatever their native language is. If I went to another country, I'd expect to have to learn the common language of that country.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 8:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree with Carpy. Immigrants are fine (immigrants of all flavors, not just Hispanics). I just prefer that they do it legally.

Illegal immigrants are law breakers and we don't need to import criminals. We have plenty of our own to deal with.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:57 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Go back.
    Anonymous

• What ever happened to "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I guess it's been rewritten "... so long as you can speak English and have money and years to go through the red tape."
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 9:37 PM on May. 12, 2011

• they are criminals and should be put through grueling physical labor for a year (mandatory) then be shipped back. i think there needs to be some consequence before sending them back..maybe that would deter the ones who are thinking of sneaking in through the back window...talk about an uninvited guest .
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:50 PM on May. 12, 2011