Dilated 0, to active labor?

When you went to your OB appointment and you were dilated 0, how long after that did you go into labor? Were you induced or did you go into labor on your own?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 8:48 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It really doesnt matter what anyone elses experiences are. You can be a zero and go into labor hours later. Or you can be dilated to a 4 and not go into labor for weeks.

How dilated you are now has NO BEARING on when you will go into labor.
    Anonymous

• That is so true "Anonymous."

For one of my pregnancies, I was dialated to 2 for several weeks. Dr. sent me to the hospital to be tested for pre-eclampsia. I had to stay overnight during the test. Went into labor about 7 the next morning. Every pregnancy is different. I should know. I am expecting baby #4.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:09 PM on May. 12, 2011

• With my first and second, I was not dilated at all two days and four days before I was in full blown labor. With my last, I was at 1 1/2 to 2 for almost 3 weeks before I was induced at 12 days past due. Dilation will not determine when you will go into labor. For me, it made it worse knowing that I was dilated but not going into labor! Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:52 PM on May. 12, 2011