Denying visitation?

If non custodial parent shows up for visitation (and I am saying if because he never shows up for his visitation) And doesn't have the proper safety seat for my son can I deny visitation? Because I am pretty sure he has a car seat, but now my son needs a booster seat because he does not fit into a car seat anymore. If he does not have a booster can I deny his visitation?

jerseyshorefan

Asked by jerseyshorefan at 8:50 PM on May. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Let him use yours. He will have to bring it back when he brings the child home.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 9:03 PM on May. 12, 2011

• No I will not let him use mine. It's his visitation and it's his responsibility to have things for our child when he has him. Also I used to lend him things and they never would return. My son would come back with his hats missing, or his things damanged and toys missing. I am not replacing anymore damanged stuff.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• have you been to court and does he have it in writing about the visitation? set times and days etc.? you can call and have an officer there the next time and let the officer handle things I'm sure that if it's "unsafe" he'll get a ticket. you'll get a police report and he'll have to comply with the laws in your state.

traren

Answer by traren at 9:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It states on the visitation that he is responsible to provide our son with things during his visitation.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• but it's court ordered so therefore you can't just decide he can't have the child but an officer can!!!and will be more than willing to write you a police report stating the reason pick up was denied was to to an unsafe conditions if you do it it's just a pissed off mom!!!! or do you really want to just tick him off and tell him NO? what's the reason behind the refusal? is there more to it than a booster seat?

traren

Answer by traren at 9:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• nope its the booster seat. Sorry I am not going to put my son in a car seat where he doesn't fit. I have warned him before and his excuse is he cannot afford a booster they are 20 dollars.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:39 PM on May. 12, 2011