Denying visitation?

If non custodial parent shows up for visitation (and I am saying if because he never shows up for his visitation) And doesn't have the proper safety seat for my son can I deny visitation? Because I am pretty sure he has a car seat, but now my son needs a booster seat because he does not fit into a car seat anymore. If he does not have a booster can I deny his visitation?

jerseyshorefan

Asked by jerseyshorefan at 8:51 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Idk if u can, but I sure would.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:53 PM on May. 12, 2011

• You call the police if he wants to take the child w/o the proper safety seat/booster. The Cops will not enforce a visitation order if he can't transport the child within state laws.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Why not just let him use yours?

Why be so difficult?

Anonymous

• is this a court ordered visitation? If not then yes you can deny him, if so then I would do exactly as GrnEyedGrandma says!
    Kats86

Answer by Kats86 at 8:58 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Well you cant let him drive him in the wrong carseat, have you advised his father that he needs a bigger seat now or is this your way of being able to deny the visit? Is it a short visit like 2 hrs or so or overnight. If its court order you should be careful denying it, if its a short visit maybe you could suggest they spend time somewhere near by if you have a park etc or maybe you can drive them somewhere and pick them up.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:02 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I am not driving bio dad and my son for his visitation. I don't have a car and a license and nor is it my responsibility. And thats not my way of denying visitation lol. I shouldn't have to advise him about the car seat situation. Car seats have weight requirements on them. I am not going to let bio dad put my son in something that doesn't buckle around him thats unsafe.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:10 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Sounds like there is more too it to me. Most women know most men need to be reminded of things like this most of the time. If it were me and I wanted my son to be able to spend some time with his father, I would have let him know. If he is a dead beat Dad and you dont want him in your sons life maybe you should just say that.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree with why make it so difficult. Let him use yours.
    Its ablout the child spending time with the other parent.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I think he should know what his son needs. It's not my responsibility. I love how women make excuses for fathers. I am married and also have another child in the home. I cannot cater and be the transport its not my job.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I dont think anyone is making excuses for anyone, we dont know your situation, we are just giving thoughts towards YOUR question, asking questions to try to understand where your coming from in your situation. Its about your son, no one else. People arent always going to tell you what you want to hear, you dont have to agree with anyone but it would be good to be open to hear other people.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:01 PM on May. 12, 2011