Am I alone

I have a 14 yr old and every Wednesday he has a activity thats he's gone for a few hours and they pick him up. So am I a bad parent that I look forward to my Wednesday evenings of some peace. I love my child with all my heart. Am I a bad parent to feel this way?

Tyler_mom1996

Asked by Tyler_mom1996 at 8:57 PM on May. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, you are normal. I am hoping my youngest will potty train and be able to start preschool this fall so I can have two mornings a week to myself. It is hard to be a mom, we need time for ourselves. I would go crazy without a bit of time without them. I absolutely love my kids, but it can be overwhelming at times.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:01 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Um, no! You're a mom, not a siamese twin! My son goes to cub scouts on Wednesday with my husband and for two hours I can read a book, take a bath, talk on the phone, whatever I want!

It kinda makes up for Little League if you ask me. Not that I don't LOVE LL! It's great to watch the kids play. It's the bugs, the heat, and the late night after the game I cannot stand!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:01 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Nope.... "YOU" time is needed!
    emerald2

Answer by emerald2 at 9:02 PM on May. 12, 2011

• No, not at all! Being a mother doesn't mean you stop being a human being, & all human beings need a little peace & quiet to recharge. Enjoy your "me time", guilt-free!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:03 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Thank goodness...Its one of those things and now he is 14 the drama is only going to get worse.
    Tyler_mom1996

Comment by Tyler_mom1996 (original poster) at 9:08 PM on May. 12, 2011

• haha! Not at all!! Everyone deserves a break!! :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:09 PM on May. 12, 2011

• NO! You're normal, and lucky. I would kill for a day off. I NEVER get a day to relax. Even when my DH says he's going to take care of the baby all day, guess who ends up doing everything...
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 9:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My ex hadn't seen the kids in a little over a year. I felt guilty for missing my weekends alone. The peace and quite.
    Now, I'm just happy when one stays at a friends house and I just have one for an evening.
    Everyone needs down time..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:17 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Good for you! It may keep you at least partly sane :-). Enjoy!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:21 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Tyler my sone goes to a teen church function on Wednesdays then in late June they are going on a trip to Dallas for 4 days...I'm looking forward to that. One of the things there goning to do is work for a day at the homeless shelter. I think this will be good for him to see how good he has it.
    Tyler_mom1996

Comment by Tyler_mom1996 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on May. 12, 2011