What do I do?

What do I do if bio dad won't give me a phone number where I can reach him during his visitation with our son?

jerseyshorefan

Asked by jerseyshorefan at 9:11 PM on May. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would refuse to give my child to him until he does. Okay... thats probably not legal. Call your lawyer and see what they say, it should be required that you have a number to where your child is staying. Do you KNOW where it is at least??
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I know it's at his sisters but I don't have an address.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:17 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Make a motion in court to have this included.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:41 PM on May. 12, 2011

• good idea. I also had to put in the court order that I am not responsible to provide anything for his visitation for the fact that when I did send my son with things bio dad would not bring the stuff back.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:43 PM on May. 12, 2011

• also check to see that that is not already in the custody agreement that you have that you shoudl ahve a contact number.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• yes it states I must have a number and he refuses to give me one.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 9:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I would tell him ahead of time that if you do not have contact info the visit will not happen. Remind him that it is in writing. GL
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:53 PM on May. 12, 2011

• well under my custody agreement, we have to provide eachother with any change in phone number, address, ect. if we dont if is contempt of a court order. If I was you I would definitely check your agreement to see if that is in there. If its not i would look into having in amended
    Kats86

Answer by Kats86 at 10:53 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It definatly is in the parenting plan.
    jerseyshorefan

Comment by jerseyshorefan (original poster) at 10:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Take action, call your attorney and let him straighten it out, you don't have to fight this, let him. Until then,don't let him take him, provide him with a copy of the area highlighted that states he has to give you an access number. If necessary and you have fears have an officer present when you do this. Good Luck..
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:05 PM on May. 12, 2011