IS this normal?

Im 18 weeks pregnant and I've been noticing that when I twist or turn to the right side, even a little, I get weird sharp shooting pains. What could this be?

Danielle875

Asked by Danielle875 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yea, that happens to me too, my doctor says you just have to move slower now cause your muscles and etc are all stretching.
    Anonymous

• Its your muscles and its normal :-)

Answer by gemgem at 7:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• completely normal streching muscles : ) wont get any better from here on out!
    AMBERDAWN2008

Answer by AMBERDAWN2008 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It  Means you have to call your DOCTOR. I don't understand why some women will take such a risk with their unborn child.If there are ANY abnormal things happening, CALL YOUR DR.. IMMEDIETLY. He(or she) WORKS FOR YOU. AND YOU PAY THEM ALOT OF MONEY!

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Are the pains on either side of your lower abdomen? If so, this is probably round ligament pain, which is completely normal and very common with pregnancy. Mine were terrible when I coughed or sneezed--I found that doubling over or curling up in a ball helped the pain when I felt a sneeze coming.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• That definitely sounds like ligament pain! It's very common; your body has to do a lot of adjusting to make room for that baby! :) Luckily it doesn't usually continue through the whole pregnancy...though there will be other discomforts to replace it! lol
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Its common. I have it ALL the time and it only gets worse! I have to waddle when I walk and take really slow, dragging steps and it takes me FOREVER to move around in bed at night, no wonder I can NEVER sleep anymore!
    AshleyKay1983

Answer by AshleyKay1983 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008