Dead beat MOM !!!!!!

my SD's mom dropped her off with us for 1 week and we didn't hear from her for 3 weeks needless to say we're in a custody battle now she doesn't show up to court so we are going full custody months go by no calls no shows for her weekends my step daughter is really up set about her mom not coming to see her anymore she doesn't call our house phone or his cell not emailing or face book messaging my DH and then out of the blue she sends me a message on face book which we are not even friends on to tell her daughter that she loves and misses her!!!!! she still hasn't called or even came by and she doesn't contact my DH she contacts me!!!! wtf for?does she really think since I'm a woman that I'd feel sorry for her for abandoning my SD sorry honey you've got another thing coming!!!! by the way before all of ya'll get mad at me I ALWAYS tell my SD that her mommy loves her and misses her every time she says anything about her not showing up or anything to do her. anything else would just be cruel to the child !!!! but I'm just not understanding why contact me on face book.why not call the house or come by !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on May. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• She's ashamed and u being the woman she prolly felt that u would understand but the reality steps in I know this first hand I was the person bio mom spoke to my hubby and her do not get along over the summer I got a Call at 11pm of bio crying saying her my ss and her other 2 kids were living in a car I went right away picked up ss and we have had him since hubby has custody and bio has weekends I don't lie to him I tell my kids the truth and that is why she and I don't speak I stopped all that I tell him she loves him but when he asks why she didn't come I text her she says she forgot and that's what I tell him the truth so u do what's best for that child I know this might pose ppl off but I get a lot of that's not your child cz I'm w step mom I do know my place but when I tuck my 6 yr old ss in at night I know what's best for him his bio mom is Deffinatly w deadbeat mom and it burns her ass I am doing a better job raising him
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 9:43 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Does her name happen to be Jennifer? That sounds EXACTLY like my step sons "mom."
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:33 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Sounds like the mom has some personal issues. She probably does genuinely love and miss her daughter but she's a mess on the personal front and needs to get her priorities worked out and get her act together. Is she very young? An addict, maybe? I'd be a bit sympathetic, but also glad that you are there for the daughter. Kids need a good stable home and parents (or step-mom) to love them in real day-to-day sense, not just in theory. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:39 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It happens. My brothers "friend" has 4 kids and custody or NONE. She doesn't even have visitation. She has MAJOR drug addiction, alcoholism and other mental health issues. Her kids range in age from 1-14. This "mom" makes me sick and I have confronted her and she cried on how she misses her kids. Well, she had the opportunity to get clean and she refused.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 PM on May. 12, 2011

• How old is your SD? Does this woman have a mental or a drug problem.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:39 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Why asking the same question again???
    Anonymous

• changed the heading because no one was reading it sorry about that and no her name isn't Jennifer ....

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:41 PM on May. 12, 2011

• she's 5 and I don't know if her mom has a mental or drug problem she'd got 2 more kid's they just aren't my DH's so we're not involved with them....

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on May. 12, 2011