Favorite/least favorite garden vegetables?

I have always LOVED homegrown tomatoes, but that's all I've grown since before I was 10, so this year I made a garden and did some radishes and tomatoes and rosemary (which I killed) and cilantro and stuff...

I was kind of disappointed in the lettuce and radishes. It is fun to pick some fresh every time I make a salad, but they're not "extra-spectacular" in the way the tomatoes and cilantro are (at least the radishes last long and are always fresh- the ones in the store are not)

So, I'd say tomatoes are my favorite because they are amazing in flavor, grow plentifully and easily at next to no effort/cost, whereas store tomatoes are blah, mealy, flavorless. And lettuce is my least favorite, because it's cheap and just fine in the store, and wilts easily when you grow it.

What about you? What should we consider growing or not, and why? I'm thinking various peppers next, and more herbs... maybe onions... but I'd hate to miss out on something else that is so much better made at home, just because I didn't know it would be that way, or try something that is difficult and just as good or better at the store.

Tracys2

Asked by Tracys2 at 9:40 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Collards are my favorite.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:42 PM on May. 12, 2011

• favorite corn or zucchini lest fav tomatoes.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree with you on the lettuce. I have never been able to produce lettuce any more inexpensively or in any "better" variety than what I find in the store.

I LOVE homegrown cucumbers. To me there is no comparison to what you find in the store, and they're not difficult to maintain.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I can't grow anything, but dh is talking about trying tomatoes. I have done a pepper plant, and they were pretty good.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:21 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Love Tomatos too !
    I dont like Turnips !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:02 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Sugar Snap Peas!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:13 AM on May. 13, 2011

• Broccoli is my favorite & peppers are least favorite, but that's only because they tend to make me ill.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:46 AM on May. 13, 2011

• fav - tomatoes, least - eggplant
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:40 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Tomatoes or zucchini would be my favorite. Radishes are my least fave
    alliesmom112

Answer by alliesmom112 at 1:47 PM on May. 13, 2011

• love everything fresh
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:40 PM on May. 13, 2011